Pages

Saturday 9 February 2013

Learning Online Info. . .An Excellent Edublog!


Internet for Educators has developed an interest in me for blogs, not just writing my own, but reading those of others. One of the most informational edubloggers that I have been following is Learning Online Info written by Jorge Goncalves. His blog is full of amazing information about using online technology. Although much of the information on his blog is geared towards university students, it can all be adapted and applied to any level of learning.
There are so many aspects of this blog that I enjoy and appreciate. The ease of use of this blog so great! I like that there is not a lot of “extra” stuff on the blog. It is easy to find the current and past topics and choose exactly what I want to read. I also like that he has categories down the side of the blog so if I am looking for something specific it is easy to find the information that Jorge has previously posted on the topic. The links that Jorge includes to other edublogger sites and resources is also great!
There are a lot of excellent resources listed for teachers on this blog. Some of Jorge’s posts are geared towards students, while others are towards educators. However, I think that even though some posts are focused on students, those posts are also beneficial for me as an educator. I like how he explains how to infuse different aspects of technology into the classroom and gives useful tips and hints on how to be successful. The posts on this blog often start with the very basics which I really appreciate. If I don’t understand what something is at all, there are often initial posts on the topic that describe the concept from the basics and then go into more detail and explanation on how to integrate the concept. For me, this is really important as a lot of the technology I have vaguely heard of, but don’t really understand what it is or how to use it.
I highly recommend checking out this blog! http://learningonlineinfo.org

No comments:

Post a Comment