Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Class Presentations!

Today was maybe one of my favourite Internet for Educators classes. Everyone was responsible for presenting in groups on topics that they chose that pertained to class. The wide variety of information and resources that were shared was amazing. It was neat to see what we have learnt in class come together and be expanded on in different methods and approaches.

I really enjoyed working with my group and learning more about BYOD than I had known before. It was neat seeing all of our personalities come together to make a presentation that flowed together, but we were still able to show our individualities through our deliveries. I was really happy that using "Today's Meet" worked so well. Seeing the success of it during the presentation reinforced how it could be beneficial in a classroom setting.

Each group shared great information and I was able to learn something from each presentation. Perhaps the presentation that really hit home for me and that I will probably go back to repeatedly was "How NOT to Steal from the Internet". The resources that were given as part of this presentation are ones that I am sure I will be referring to on a regular basis. Having taught myself how to reference, I really appreciate the websites that were provided by the group so that I will be able to actually teach students how to properly reference both print and online material. I know this is an area that I need to improve on and the way that it was presented made a lot of sense to me and I felt that I came away with information that I did not know or fully understand before. Information that was given on Creative Commons was also really informative to me. I did not realize that there were different levels of usage and sharing with Creative Commons. This was really important for me on different levels. For my own use it is important, but maybe more so for when I am teaching. Had I not know the different aspects of Creative Commons, I would never known how to direct my students and teach them the proper usage of this amazing tool. Thank you Kirsten, Tyler, Jen, Lisa, and Kelsey from providing me with information that I will be able to use for years to come!


2 comments:

  1. I learned a lot working with this group, as well! Maybe most important was accepting many students weren't taught to do it and putting the ssurprised energy in showing them how and why it is important!
    I really liked your group's presentation, too... I wonder how long until all classrooms are BYOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found our presentation useful. The main reason I wanted to do the project was because I wanted to have a better understanding of what to myself.
    The more we know and can model the better we'll be able to help our students be responsible digital citizens.

    ReplyDelete