Pages

Sunday 16 February 2014

Using Videos in the Classroom

This week in ICT we have been focusing on creating our own video for class. Having never made a video before, not only am I learning a lot, but I am also seeing firsthand the amazing benefits that video creation could have in the classroom.

Learning the proper techniques and applications that are needed in video creation have been an important part of this week for me. Seeing the tools needed to effectively piece together footage and add audio for the desired effect will allow me to encourage my students by providing them with tools to make the best possible video that they can. (Shooting horizontally will forever be engrained in my brain!)

While making our video, the amount of collaboration, team work, and creativity that has been involved has been exciting to see. Working in a group with five others, I have been able to experience first hand the benefits that my students would experience when creating video as an assignment. While the technical and production aspects are important, the skills required for the group work aspect of video making are so beneficial to students. A video can not be developed without collaboration and commitment from all members, making it an incredible tool for the classroom in bringing students together to use group work skills.

I am so excited to see our video come together. The project has not only been a great learning experience for me, but we are excited to make it public and hopefully have a positive influence on those around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment