Pages

Thursday 6 February 2014

Digital Story Telling

This week has been a very informative week for me in ICT class. I have never really played around with photo editing or digital story telling before this week. I have always been interested in the process, but having so many programs that can be used is overwhelming!

I used Photo Story to make a quick digital story in class. I have only ever made one digital story before this week, and looking back I wish I had known about Photo Story before! The process was so easy and fast. I can't wait to be able to use this process with a class now. Prior to this week I thought that digital story telling was too complicated and time consuming for students to use. Having had a much more positive experience I can now see how students could use this tool for so many applications in the classroom, allowing for more creativity in presentations and experiences.

Photo editing has been another focus this week in class. The two main programs that I have used so far are Picasa and Pixlr. Using Picasa first, I was happy with the result but felt that I wanted to do more. After using Pixlr, I was excited with all of the options that I were available. I really appreciate this class and the hands on use of the programs. Having an opportunity to be walked through a program and some of the options within it allows me to have so much more confidence in using the tools that are available. Photo editing is yet another tool that I can't wait to use in my class. I know that students will love to manipulate and add to photos, but also having a quick option of referencing on photos is a really important tool for students to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment