Pages

Friday 17 January 2014

Classroom Websites

This week in class we began talking about our future classroom websites as we start the process of developing them in class next week. For me, the task is a little scary. Developing my own website? Never thought I would see that happen! However, once I got past the intimidation of the actual process, the thought of a classroom website began to make me really think. When I was in school, a website devoted specifically to our class was not even a thought. I am so excited to be teaching with all of the tools that are available now compared to when I was in school. When we talked about different aspects that could be included in a classroom website I could not help but think of the difference a website would have made not only in my life as a student, but also for my parents. The ability to have information and tools available any time of the day or night is an amazing resource that teachers can provide. In a digital world, the opportunity to include education and appeal to students on their level is another way of engaging them in their educational journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment